5 tips to survive autumn healthily
We simply can’t avoid noticing the changes all around us.
Autumn is here...
Autumn is also called a transitional season. Slowly and steadily, it prepares us for the transition from the long, warm days to the colder and shorter days of winter.
Not everybody is equally as happy with these changes!
5 Tips to survive autumn
Doctors notice at this time of the year that their waiting rooms become more crowded than during summer. A lot of people really dislike this season.However, you can survive autumn by following a few simple tips.
- Make sure you've got a good resistance to the cold weather. You can do this by eating citrus fruit. Also, vegetables like Brussels' sprouts, broccoli and kale give your body a vitamin shot. And we can all use this these days.
- Eat in colours. It sounds weird, but it has been proven that your body thrives when eating substances that have warm, earthly colours. And for this, nature doesn't let us down. During this season, lots of vegetables that have deep, warm colours are available: pumpkin, sweet potatoes, onions, carrots ....
- Update your immune system. By eating dairy products like yoghurt, we help our immune systems. With a healthy colonic flora, you're on the way to growing stronger.
- Don't lock yourself in. Autumn is the season to start cocooning. There's nothing wrong with that. But there's a lingering danger of losing our social contacts. It's also always more satisfying cocooning after a solid autumn walk.
- Rest sufficiently. In the darker days, we simply need more rest. Sleeping in longer doesn't enable you to be better rested. On the contrary, it's recommended to go to sleep earlier and also to get up earlier. This way, you adjust your life rhythm to the sunlight.
Sometimes it’s hard to notice when we've become trapped in familiar routines. Take our quiz to find out if you’re stuck in a rut and what you can do about it.Read the complete article
Learn how to recognise the signs of stress and avoid slipping into a burnout or a bore-out
Irrational anxieties can seem overwhelming, affecting every aspect of your life. Learn how to beat your fears and worries and take back control.
People spend so much of their time regretting the past and worrying about the future. But it’s not worth it! Even what happened yesterday doesn't matter anymore! Let go of the past and the future and make the most of every moment.
Being happy is something everybody strives for, but unfortunately there are a lot of people who go through life unhappily. A lot of people take life how it is.Read the complete article
It’s such a positive thing to do and hope springs eternal, so why not commit yourself to a change this year? Here’s our tips on how to stick to your new year’s resolutions.
Do you feel you’re always criticising and judging everyone, yourself included? Do you feel bad about it afterwards? You’re certainly not alone! Read on to discover how you can judge less and start to accept things the way they are.
Children's imaginations know no limits and their dreams are a mix of hopes and fantasies, the real and the magical, the impossible and the achievable.
Do you always feel that everything’s always going wrong? Find out how to stop this cycle of bad thoughts in its tracks. When you think positively, things will start to appear positive and you will eventually feel more positive and optimistic.
What can you do if your kid doesn't want to go back to school? Here are our hints and tips to help if your child is expressing a refusal to go to school.