We all like to believe that our relationship will stand the long haul. And there are many clues that can indicate that your partnership will survive and go the distance. But, equally, there may be signs that your relationship could be stuck in a rut and might not last.
It takes commitment to make a relationship work. So if you feel unfulfilled in your relationship, take our quiz to find out whether it’s likely to survive. Then read on for some tips on how to rekindle the flame.
Does your relationship need a boost? To find out, answer the following two sets of questions.
1. Do you trust your partner? Not only in the sense of being faithful but also that they’re always supportive and have your back?
2. Do you share similar goals?
3. Are you physically intimate? It’s not just about sex, but whether you often reach out to touch or hug one another.
4. Can you communicate openly and honestly?
5. Do you still like your partner even when you’re angry with them?
6. Do you have fun and laugh together?
7. Can you fully be yourself in this relationship?
8. Has the spark gone out of your sex life?
9. Do you find you have the same arguments repeatedly?
10. Do you feel underappreciated or take your partner for granted?
11. Do you have different aims in life?
12. Do you feel unable to be completely yourself in the relationship?
13. Has the routine of everyday life (chores, looking after the kids etc.) taken its toll on your relationship?
14. Do you no longer communicate with one another or express your feelings?
15. Has the romance faded as the dirty dishes and laundry pile up?
These questions were divided into two sets. If you answered "Yes" to the questions in the first set, there’s little doubt that your relationship is built to last.
But if you responded "Yes" to the second set of questions, your relationship has likely got stale, and you’re stuck in a rut.
Maybe you feel that it’s time to end the relationship and move on - and that’s fine as well. But if you want to rekindle the spark, try the following tips.
If you’ve been honest with the answers you gave to our quiz, you can now decide on your next steps. Maybe you’re no longer on the same path as your partner, and you’ll decide it’s time to move on. But if you feel your relationship is worth preserving, you will be able to turn things around as long as you’re both prepared to work at it.
Going back to school during a pandemic is a new experience for everyone, and it's understandable if children are feeling anxious about it. We take a look at some of the issues and how you can help your child to get ready for returning to the classroom.
Headaches can be a real nuisance, especially if you get them frequently. Luckily, there are many natural ways to prevent and relieve headaches without needing to reach for over the counter medication.
After 25 years in the Bach flower world, we asked ourselves, is now the right time for our own new name? Not only have we grown, but so have you, along with the confidence you have in us. That's why we want to connect ourselves to our own name. That name is Mariepure.
Children's imaginations know no limits and their dreams are a mix of hopes and fantasies, the real and the magical, the impossible and the achievable.
Do you sometimes despair about humanity because it seems there are far more bad people than good? Are we primarily selfish individuals, thinking only about our own needs? Or is this cynical belief just because we spend so much time online? The truth is more complicated!
Learn how to recognise the signs of stress and avoid slipping into a burnout or a bore-out
Do you sometimes feel your achievements are not the result of your hard work and skill but are just luck? And do you fear that one day, someone will reveal you as an imposter or fraud? You might have imposter syndrome!
Sexual desire is a complex interaction of hormones, emotions and well-being. When your partner is not as interested in sex as you are, it’s rarely a rejection of you as a person. So it’s essential to be as empathetic as you can regarding your differing libidos.
Motivation can be somewhat elusive - some days, you just can't seem to make yourself do the stuff you don't want to. But putting things off just leads to stress, frustration and a sense of guilt.
Narcissism is a term we often see these days. But what does it mean? It's used to describe a person who is full of themselves or overly vain. However, it's not really about self-love.
Are you unsure which Bach flowers can help you? Contact Tom for free advice.